Website Nambawan Super Limited
We care for your future.
PNG’s leading Superannuation Fund, Nambawan Super Limited (NSL) is offering you this opportunity to be part of its exciting Internal Audit Team. We are currently seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person for the role of MANAGER-INTERNAL AUDIT.
The incumbent will report functionally to the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC) and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Primary Objective of the Position:
The Manager Internal Audit is responsible for preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on and make recommendations for improving NSL’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls.
- To help NSL achieve its strategic objectives by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in the organisation;
- Prepare and update a comprehensive risk-based audit plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage risk exposures, insure the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguard company’s assets, and comply with laws and regulations;
- Identify, understand and document processes and procedures surrounding internal controls. Continually monitor and update the assessment of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments;
- Understand the Prudential requirements and standards for the Superannuation Industry and assist in ensuring compliance;
- Report audit findings to ARC and senior management. This includes providing appropriate reports to the ARC and the Board on the operations of the Internal Audit function as and when required;
- Provide effective leadership and management for staff within the internal audit division and ensure outcome of consistently high standards are delivered from subordinates in the division. This includes ensuring an effective performance management system and train, teach and mentor staff where required;
- Ensure continuous improvements in the methods and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Management with 5-10 years’ experience, 5 of which in similar role or position with excellent management, leadership and supervisory skills
- CPA PNG or IIA membership;
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organisation and facilitate the implementation of corrective action.
- Have effective communication, management, organisation, planning, leadership, budgeting and reporting skills. Skills in project management would be a plus;
- Appropriate skills-based training in relevant technical field and able to maintain stakeholder relations.
- Able to implement policies, monitor, evaluate and offer recommendations for continuous improvement.Nambawan Super Limited is an equal employment opportunity organisation and offers an attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please include names and contact details of at least three reliable referees. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For those who are not contacted by 23rd March, 2018 for an interview, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you wish to apply for this position, forward your application letter with an updated resume to:
The Chief Manager – People & Culture
Nambawan Super Ltd
PO Box 483
Port Moresby. NCD
Applications Close: Friday 16th of March, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org